Software Requirements Management
Software requirements management is a process that includes the identification, documentation, analysis, tracking, requirements prioritization, reaching an agreement on requirements, change management, and notification of the interested parties.
The organization of the requirements management process allows us to provide documentation and requirements control as well as implementation in accordance to the customer’s expectations.
Problems it will solve
- Minimizing the risks of defects in new software functionality or its noncompliance with the expectations of the customer;
- Cutting the operational costs during the implementation of the new releases or system updates by minimizing the number of change iterations or corrections to the implemented functionality;
- Cutting down the time frames for system implementation (time-to-market) or its new functionality by implementing system functionality in accordance to the initial customer requirements;
- Cutting down the time frames for the analysis of the effect that changes may have on the current system’s functionality;
- Raising the effectiveness of managing business expectations through a more precise release launch; and
- Raising software quality by implementing centralized requirements storage, managing all changes, and conducting a risk analysis during the implementation of new requirements.
- A deployed and tuned Software Requirements Management System.
- Regulations for requirements management that contain:
- The roles and responsibilities of the process participants and
- The working order with the Software Requirements Management System.
- Implementation plan (MS Project)
Scope of work for the requirements management process organization project
- Determine all participants for the current requirements management process, their roles, and approach to working with requirements;
- Determine criteria for choosing software management testing tools;
- Determine requirements for the management tool and infrastructure; and
- Coordinate the choosing of the tool with the customer.
- Prepare the regulations for the software requirements management;
- Implement the requirements management tool;
- Customize the requirements management tool; and
- Educate customer’s employees to work with tool
- Pilot launch
- A trial launch of the new requirements management process for the first system;
- Analysis of the pilot launch, discovery of weaknesses in the process; and
- Customization of the tools, processes, and changing the working regulations.
- Implementation of the requirements management process for all systems
Tools and licences
We might use following tools and licences during the project:
- HP ALM (HP Application Lifecycle Management, HP Quality center)
- TFS (Team Foundation Server)
- TestLink + JIRA
- TestLink + Readmine
Related insights in blog articles
In this article, we will go through our favourite features of each of these cloud-based load testing tools, while in the end you will find a parameterized comparison of all of them in one table.
We have compiled a list of the best software testing conferences to visit in 2024. In this article, we’ll explore the why, what, and how of attending these conferences, shedding light on the latest trends, must-attend events, and tips to maximize your experience. The Software Testing Methods Conference aims to unite academic scientists, researchers, and […]
Effective testing is all about choosing the best load testing tool, which is just right for you. Top performance testing tools help simulate virtual users and execute test scripts. As the software market is full of various options ranging from open-source to premium, it’s difficult to find the best load testing tool for your business. In this article, we will share our list of top software load testing tools and take a closer look at their pros and cons.
TestCon Europe 2024, the premier software testing conference, comes to Vilnius, Lithuania, from Oct 22-25. Join experts and enthusiasts onsite or online to explore the evolving landscape of software testing. Topics include Shift-Left Testing, TestOps, AI-Powered Testing, and more. Don't miss your chance to be part of this enriching experience. Secure your spot today at TestCon's official page and be at the forefront of software testing excellence.
Be first to know
Once a month we’ll be sending you a letter with all the useful insights that we could find and analise
People love to read
Explore the most popular articles we’ve written so far
- Android vs iOS App Performance Testing: What’s the Difference? Dec 9, 2022
- How to Save Money on Performance Testing? Dec 5, 2022
- Performance Testing: What It Is, and Why You Need It Oct 7, 2021
- Cloud-based Application Testing: Features & Types Apr 15, 2020