User Acceptance Testing is a formal test that addresses the needs, demands, and business processes of the user. It is conducted in order to identify the system’s conformance to the acceptance criteria, and to provide the customer or other authorized party with an opportunity to accept or decline the system.
Problems it will solve
- Minimize the risks related to the incompatibility of the implemented system functionality with the initial business requirements or to the presence of defects in the operation of the new software functionality by promptly discovering these defects during the user acceptance testing
- Minimizing the duration and costs of the testing
- The final report includes the following:
- Information about how the functionality of the developed software corresponds to the requirements that were specified in the technical documentation
- Information about the number of defects in the implemented functionality and their severity towards the operation’s capacity of the system
- A list of bugs and defects with a description of the problem and a method for its reproduction
- Testing methodology (MS Word)
- Testing requirements (MS Word or MS Excel or format of specialized tool)
- Testing scenarios (MS Word or MS Excel or format of specialized tool)
- Test data set (MS Word or MS Excel or format of specialized tool)
- Analyzing business processes
- UAT methodology development and coordination with the customer
- Implementing the test process management system
- Testing requirements’ development
- Testing scenarios’ development and preparation of a test data set
- Testing model coordination with the customer
- Launching the first iteration of manual testing
- Launching a follow-up iteration after the defects are corrected by the developer
Service Quality Criteria
- The completion of the project within the timeframe specified by the contract with a test environment availability of no less than 95%.
- The number of bugs and defects in the system after the release has been installed in the production environment.
- The number of duplicates or incorrectly entered defects in the test process management system.
Tools and licences
- HP ALM (HP Application Lifecycle Management, HP Quality center)
- TFS (Team Foundation Server)
- TestLink + JIRA
- TestLink + Readmine
Have a Project in Mind?
There is no better place for a QA solution than PFLB.
Drop us a line to find out what our team can do for you.